1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and coconut or soy milk. Set aside to allow milk to curdle (curdle effect will be better with soy milk).
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a third large bowl, mix together sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add coconut milk/lemon juice mixture and stir to combine. Gradually mix in dry ingredients until well incorporated, but do not over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.