- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 small loaf sourdough bread, sliced 1 to 1 1/2-inches thick
- Pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Berries, for serving (optional)
- Turn oven to warm, about 150 degrees.
- In a medium flat-bottomed bowl, whisk collectively coconut milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a big sauté pan over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of 1 piece bread in coconut milk mixture. Carefully place pan. Repeat with additional slices bread to fill pan.
- Cook until bottom of bread is golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook other side of bread.
- Remove from pan, place on an heat-safe plate and keep warm in oven.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to pan, and repeat cooking process with remainder of bread.
- Serve topped with with pure maple and/or syrup and fresh berries, if desired.