Chewy Chocolate Brownie Hearts Recipe
Author: FablunchPrep time
- 1 cup spelt or oat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, extra for decorating
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup agave or maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, extra for greasing the pan
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
- shredded coconut
- crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35 min or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut out 4 hearts using a 2½ inch cookie cutter. Dust each heart brownie with cocoa powder or frost with chocolate ganache.
- Break leftovers into smaller pieces and form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in a coating that you like.
Storage: store brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days.